The Book of Acts demonstrated the Lord’s master plan of fulfilling the Great Commission:
#1: preach the Gospel in the midst of strategies cities.
- Antioch – the third largest city in the Roman empire.
- Athens – the cultural and intellectual center of the Roman empire.
- Corinth – the commercial center of the Roman empire.
#2 gather the believers together.
- Paul established churches in Lystra, Derbe, Iconium, Philippi, Thessalonica, Berea, Corinth.
- If you were to go to a city to preach the Gospel your goal would be to establish or contribute to the establishing of the gathering of Christians together.
#3 Return to strengthen the church.
- Paul as the Apostle and leader of the churches in his day would include strengthening the church as he traveled to new lands to preach the Gospel.
- If you were the leader of the SBC, PCA, Anglican Church of North America, LCMS or a church planting entity like Redeemer City to City or Acts 29 you would return to strengthen the gatherings you established.